It really seems like every time I watch a show these days there is one of these things going on:
- Playful banter between two sarcastic hosts
- A sarcastic/cynical dude making fun of all the "don't get its"
- A scantily clad sarcastic/cynical hooch telling me that I should care about Brit, or Brangelina (I'm really sorry that I know that namesqueeze)
- Fat sarcastic dads being dumb, their hot sarcastic wives being smart and their uber-sarcastic teenage kids being freaking geniuses
- Or two sarcastic dudes going to Sonic (we don't even have a Sonic within 50 miles of us and yet I have to watch these idiots - I can call them that because they aren't real - say some of the dumbest lines since joe piscapo was on snl)
I don't know who the guy is, (the voice-over guy who delights me with unknown facts of stuff construction) but I love him. He shoots straight with me. I feel safe in his clear descriptions that perfectly match the video on my screen. He isn't making fun of me or testing me to see if I "get it." He understands the hard day that I have had. He knows that I simply, purely just desire to know how it's made. No jokes are necessary. Just the simple beauty of creation.
And it is beautiful. People using their gifts to make stuff. There is something spiritual about watching this show.
And then a stupid Sonic commercial comes on.
water cooler wednesday